Your health and well being are our top priority. We wanted to share with you the steps we continue to take during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Our private spaces have plenty of room to work or study, and lock box entry which limits personal interaction.
- We maintain our existing high standards of cleanliness and have provided additional training to our cleaning partners about appropriate disinfecting techniques and PPE use.
- Our staff are testing themselves regularly and we request they stay home if they feel unwell or produce a positive lateral flow or PCR test.
- Due to changing restrictions local businesses may be closed or have reduced access. At present in England there are no enforced restrictions but due the size of some businesses and/or Covid-19 isolation times some businesses may be closed at short notice or open at different times to those advertised.
- We actively monitor and follow the guidance from the UK Government and the NHS.
An update to our cancellation policy
- We have increased flexibility for all reservations made on https://winchester.a-d8.com/.
- We provide a full refund for the full value of the booking on cancellations made any time before arrival, no questions asked.
- If you booked on other sites, please reach out to them directly.
- If you have questions about an upcoming booking, email us at email@example.com
HOW WE PROTECTING AND REASSURING OUR GUESTS AND STAFF DURING THE ONGOING PANDEMIC
Understandably many guests are concerned about how to protect their health during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We want our guests to feel confident that when they stay in one of our properties. These are the steps we are taking to safeguard our guests and staff.
- We ask our cleaning and maintenance team to take regular lateral flow tests and stay at home of they feel unwell or produce a positive test until such time as they record a negative PCR test or have isolated for the required time following a positive PCR test.
- We ask all guests to act responsibly and to not travel to our properties if they have produced a positive lateral or PCR test or are displaying any of the following recognised Covid-19 symptoms (please remember we offer a full refund if you need to cancel your booking at any time):
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss, or change in, your normal sense of taste and smell
- We ask guests that if they feel unwell or display any of the above symptoms whilst staying with us to take a lateral flow test and PCR test if necessary and to stay in the property until a negative result has been recorded.
- If a guest tests positive during their stay they will be asked to stay in the property until the required self isolation time has passed.
- Extended stays if you test positive for Covid-19 are charged at the same nightly rate as the initial stay.
- We ask overseas guests to make themselves aware of the requirements for entering the UK at the time of their stay. A link to up to date UK government requirements is here Travelling to England
- Up to date regulations, requirements and advice for England from the UK government can be found here Restrictions for England
- Lateral flow tests can be ordered for free from here
WAYS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 2 metre (6 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who isn’t within your “bubble”.
- Wear a mask when it is required to or when you are in a confined space or cannot maintain a 2 metre distance.
- Keep indoor areas well ventilated when you are mixing with people outside your “bubble”.
- Test regularly using the free lateral flow test kits available through the government website
- Stay home and book a PCR test if you feel unwell and display any of the usual symptoms: a new continuous cough, a high temperature, a loss, or change in, your usual sense of taste and smell.
- Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely).
- If possible, avoid traveling to places – especially if you are in one of the “at risk” groups.
OUR CLEANING PROCEDURES
Our cleaners already thoroughly clean all surfaces in each property between guests, so the cleaning procedures do not need to change dramatically.
There are however a few modifications that have been made to the cleaning procedures to ensure that a previous guest does not infect a future guest
All our cleaners use disinfectant cleansers.
Not all cleansers disinfect, and when you’re dealing with infection, you need to be sure you’ve eradicated it from all hard and soft surfaces.
- Using disinfectant, our cleaners wipe down all light switches, lamps, cupboard handles, door handles, window latches, banisters, remote controls, and thermostats as it is extremely likely that a previous guest touched these points during their stay.
- We put all cutlery, crockery and cooking implements through the dishwasher whether it has been used or not. This limits cross infection from touching items even if they weren’t used.
- We continue to disinfect high-contamination sites such as the toilet, basin, shower and bath, and rubbish bin and any toilet brushes.
- We make sure all cleaning staff wipe down all appliances, electronics, and amenities that we provide such as the kettle, iron, vacuum cleaner, hairdryer etc. as it is possible the previous guest has touched these.
- All soap dispensers, bathroom toiletries, cleaning products and equipment or other items that are for guest use are wiped down or replaced with new.
- Between each guest we professionally launder all guest linens and towels whether they were used or not as again this minimises the risk of cross infection.
- Just before our cleaner leaves the property they disinfect the door handles and all entry methods (lock box keypad, sets of keys etc.)
- During these exceptional times our cleaners are expected to take extra time to get each property clean and guest ready between guests.
- Our priority is safety, not efficiency.
- Our cleaners are thoughtful about what might need to be disinfected and cleaned at the property as they are aware our guests are counting on them to prevent infection – and that their work is of a high value, especially in these times.
WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO?
We will update our procedures and therefore this page on an ongoing basis as and when new information comes to light.
If you have any questions regarding your stay at our properties please do not hesitate to contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.