This policy and our whole management system approach is a direct reflection of our approach to sustainability and responsible business.
As a responsible corporate citizen, A,D8 UK Limited aims to act in a responsible manner at all times. We seek to conduct our business in a way which achieves profitable and sustainable growth whilst demonstrating a high degree of integrity, social and environmental consciousness.
We believe that this approach creates a source of competitive advantage for our business.
Our responsible outlook encompasses interaction with:
- Our marketplace
- Our environment
- Our community
- Our people
The A,D8 UK Limited Management Team is committed to developing and delivering this Sustainability and Responsible Business Policy and that it is integral to the success of our business. This approach will open doors to new markets, opportunities and relationships, increase our competitiveness and profitability and demonstrate our continued commitment to sustainable development. A,D8 UK Limited will continue to promote fair and ethical dealings with customers and competitors as a matter of law and conscience.
Our Key Principles
A,D8 UK Limited is committed to the following environmental and corporate social responsibility principles:
- We manage our business with pride and integrity
- We are committed to full legal compliance in all that we do
- We aim to provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees
- We will help local community organisations and charities
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment
- We will promote equality of opportunity and diversity throughout our business operations
- We will seek responsible business practice within our supply chain
- We shall encourage property owners, suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practises for mutual benefit
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practises
- We shall demonstrate our commitment to quality and safety in every aspect of our business
- We will aim to have a positive influence within the communities in which we operate
- We will minimise our impact on the environment and promote good environmental practises within our supply chain
Our Duty of Care to the Environment:
A,D8 UK Limited recognises that the operation of its business has an impact on the environment and, as a minimum standard, will comply with current applicable legislation. We are committed to continuous improvement in our environmental performance, the prevention of pollution and to improving efficiency in the use of resources including energy, water, cleaning products, appliances and furnishings.
We aim to:
- Fully comply with relevant legislation and compliance obligations
- Minimise the risk to the public from any acts or omissions resulting from the Company’s operations
- Have the necessary control measures in place to protect the natural environment
- Minimise emissions of noise, air pollution and waste products
- Ensure all employees have suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to act with due consideration for the environment
- Seek to ensure that property owners and contractors working on our behalf meet with an equal standard of care for the environment
- Continually monitor the environmental impact of our operations.
A,D8 UK Limited recognises that our duty of care to the environment is an ongoing commitment. Therefore each of our properties is at a different part of the journey. This table lists all our properties and where each is within our environmental impact journey. We update this table regularly and aim to have all boxes for all properties ticked by 2027.
|EPC Rating||Locally sourced basics||Eco friendly bathroom essentials||Recycling info and facilities||Energy efficient appliances||Green energy tariff||Eco friendly cleaning products||Electric vehicle charging point|
|81 Tower Street||D||✔|
|79 Tower Street||D||✔|
|78 Main Road||D||✔||✔|
|32 Upper High Street||E||✔||✔|
|28 Western Road||E||✔|
|20 North View||C||✔|
|24 West End Terrace||D||✔|
|11 Cossack Lane House||D||✔|
|8 Westgate House||C||✔|
|4 Lawrence House||D||✔|
Our Community Involvement
A,D8 UK Limited is committed to having a positive impact within the communities in which we operate.
We aim to:
- Create employment opportunities to the community in which we operate
- Encourage employees to become involved with local organisations and initiatives
- Take our environmental responsibilities seriously and be aware of the impacts of our operations on our local community
- Open up communications with the community in which we operate and value it as a key stakeholder in our Company
In order to ensure that our aims are being achieved and exceeded where possible A,D8 UK Limited will review the detail of this Policy annually and rewrite it as a whole on its fifth anniversary in light of the environmental and corporate social responsibility development at that time.
A,D8 UK Limited is open to sharing its achievements and current performance across the broad range of environmental and corporate social responsibility initiatives upon request.
The Chief Executive Officer has sponsored and is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our environmental and corporate social responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with all employees throughout the Company.
Desiree Ratcliffe- Latimore
Chief Executive Officer